ConnectSafely.org, the non-profit organization where I serve as co-director along with Anne Collier, has just released A Parents Guide to Facebook (PDF), a free 36-page downloadable guide to help parents and their kids get the most from the world’s largest social networking service.
The all-new guide shows how to take advantage of the service’s safety features and privacy controls, while emphasizing the positive things that young people are doing on Facebook.
The guide covers:
- Configuring Facebook’s new timeline
- How to review your activity log
- Using “in-line privacy”
- Using Facebook’s “social reporting” tools to resolve problems
- How to protect your online reputation
- Safe use of Facebook mobile
- And much more
Click to read or print A Parents Guide to Facebook